-- November 5th 2016 --
A 24 hour Charity Stream Extravaganza:
The Second Annual 1up Stream for Accessible Reproductive Healthcare!!
You know what’s great?? Planned Parenthood! You know who provides necessary low to no-cost healthcare to millions of women in this country? Planned Parenthood!! Three cheers for Planned Parenthood!!! Rah Rah Rah!! So on November 5th starting at 8 AM Eastern (give or take half an hour!), come support Planned Parenthood with us at www.bossdoors.tv
I can’t overstate how important Planned Parenthood is. They are on the front lines, providing vital healthcare to millions of women, men, and young people all over the country. They’re also a constant target because of the important work they do.
So please, please donate!! Planned Parenthood treats its patients with unparalleled diligence, care, and respect. They are the best.
Special thanks to Wayne @onsideseven for his adorable promo art!!!! <3
Here is Planned Parenthood's own statement on why it needs our support:
Out-of-touch politicians are trying to eliminate funding to Planned Parenthood health centers – taking health care away from millions of women, men, and young people who rely on Planned Parenthood each year.
Planned Parenthood is doing everything it can to stop these attacks – including organizing millions of supporters nationwide to contact lawmakers, staging rallies across the country to show just how much we care about women’s health, and more.
But with opponents threatening to shut down the government to get their way, the stakes couldn’t be higher. Planned Parenthood needs our help to win this fight and continue providing health care and education at their nearly 700 health centers nationwide.
I’m doing what I can to help out. I hope you’ll join me by clicking "Donate to my Fundraiser" to make a gift now.
Want to learn more about the impact we’re having by supporting Planned Parenthood?
This is what we’re fighting to protect:
- Planned Parenthood provides nearly 400,000 Pap tests and nearly 500,000 breast exams nationally each year.
- Planned Parenthood provides sexual and reproductive health care, education, and information to 5,180,000 people worldwide each year.
- Planned Parenthood has 59 independent local affiliates that operate nearly 700 health centers throughout the United States, providing high-quality services to people where they’re needed most.
- Planned Parenthood is there for people struggling to access care. Seventy-eight percent of Planned Parenthood health care patients live with incomes of 150 percent of the federal poverty level or less.
- Planned Parenthood is leading the charge for women’s health and rights – advocating at the local, state, and federal level for laws that protect a woman’s ability to make her own health care decisions, and working to expand accessible and quality care.