We Run for Planned Parenthood!
"Defund Planned Parenthood" protests are in the works for February 11. Planned Parenthood has asked people not to counter-protest, but to stand with them through donations and other shows of support.
We are a group of friends who know one another primarily through running. We're showing our love for Planned Parenthood by running purposeful miles. Some of us are doing a Valentine's race the weekend of the protests; others have a special training run planned.
We invite you to cheer us on with your dollars, which will support high-quality, affordable health care for women, men, and young people. Planned Parenthood is also the nation’s largest provider of sex education, and the most influential advocate for women’s health and rights in the U.S.
We stand with them, and we run for them.
We're doing our part to help the millions of people Planned Parenthood reaches with health services and education each year, and to make sure Planned Parenthood has the resources to protect women’s health and rights in the courts, in Congress, and in statehouses across the country. That’s why we're raising money for Planned Parenthood — and it’s why we're asking you to chip in to support our efforts. Whatever you can give will help.
Click on a name in the roster at the bottom of the page now to make a gift and help us reach our goal.
Want to learn more about the impact we’re having by supporting Planned Parenthood? Check out these amazing facts about their work:
- Planned Parenthood provides nearly 500,000 Pap tests and 550,000 breast exams nationally each year. (MaryAnn Dana is running in honor of a friend who is alive today thanks to a Planned Parenthood breast cancer screening. No exaggeration.)
- Planned Parenthood provides sexual and reproductive health care, education, and information to 4,665,000 people worldwide each year.
- Planned Parenthood has more than 60 independent local affiliates that operate more than 700 health centers throughout the United States, providing high-quality services to people where they’re needed most.
- Planned Parenthood is there for people struggling to access care. Nearly 80% of Planned Parenthood patients have incomes just above or below the federal poverty line.
- Planned Parenthood is leading the charge for women’s health and rights — advocating at the local, state, and federal level for laws that protect a woman’s ability to make her own health care decisions, and working to expand accessible and quality care.
Thanks again for your donation. We look forward to celebrating with you when we reach our goal!